New year – new us

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi. My husband and I are both starting the diet on Monday. I’ve read the book. He hasn’t, but is willing to go along with it for a few weeks, partly to support me but also to see if it works for him.

I’ve not restocked on bread, biscuits etc since deciding to start, to avoid having temptation in the house. Does anyone have any other tips to make it easier to stick to?

Can you recommend a reliable list of low carb foods, so I can create some recipes for myself?

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Both read or reread ‘How to Reboot Your Biome’ (pages 186-196). Especially note comments on working in stages (p.190).

Have you both completed your detailed food and symptom diary in a ‘normal’ week/ fortnight (not Xmas/ New Year)?

If not next week is easy-ish (properly weigh or measure and record everything, so may need two sets of scales/ measuring cups/ measuring spoons). On paper, phone camera, tablet …

Depending on the phase, ‘Clever Guts’ is moderate carbohydrate, not classic restrictive low carb. A *balance* of energy from healthy fats, healthy proteins and healthy carbs.

The focus is on identifying and eliminating refined, heavily processed foods, plus your personal problem foods.

And the focus is on substantially
    *increasing the variety* of nutrient dense wholefoods we have each day and week. As many food groups and types as possible.

Buy and eat whatever wholefoods work for you based on your food diaries, local stores and markets, household budget, season, kitchen facilities, tastes, lifestyle … And the guidance in pages 186-196.

Sorry, probably not really what you expected ….

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi Firefox. Thanks for replying.

You’re right, the answer isn’t what I expected, but that’s entirely my own fault – I posted my question in the wrong place! I meant to ask in the blood sugar diet forum. I’ll copy it over there.

I haven’t read the healthy guts book, but did see the TV programme a while ago and will be adding live yoghurt to our diet, trying kimboucha and including whole foods in our diet, so hopefully that’ll help our guts.

Please log in or register to post a reply.