Coconut water

• posted by OldOwl
    on

Hi what the yes/ no on coconut water… I’m not a fan of water but drink and like coconut water is it good or bad ??? Thanks

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Coconut water is lower sugar than many fruit or vegetable ‘juices’, so should be fine in moderation. You may not need to drink as much as you think, once eating at least seven servings of whole fruit and veg a day.

It is worth knowing the maximum recommended daily sugar intake for an adult (World Health Organisation) is 5% daily calories, so 25g-30g for a standard 2000-2500 cal diet. But Dr Mosley recommends as little sugar as possible, especially in phase one.

• posted by Byllmur
    on

I make a concoction every morning in the nutri bulet . Anything could end up in there( all good stuff) but i use Koh coconut water as the main ingredient. Koh doesnt go through a tenth of the processing most others do. ( so they say)

Half the jug would be filled with mainly veg , some fruit/ berries , pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds , nuts , ginger, a tea spoon of applecider ( the mother) and a tea spoon of tumeric, then topped up to the level marker with coconut water. Its a great kick start to the day!
    ( this is not part of michaels eating plan, just something ive been doing for a couple of years) .
    Bill

Please log in or register to post a reply.