Sourcing quality food

• posted by Turnerlmj
    on

Hello. Where does everyone source their food (apart from the usual supermarkets). I’m interested in good quality salmon and olive oil.

Thanks!

• posted by Jante
    on

Hello. Like you, I would like to know where to source the best Olive Oil.

• posted by Justinej
    on

I’m rather confused by the book. It mentions listing the best olive oils here but I can’t find anything.

• posted by Charlottie
    on

I’m not sure if it features in the list of good olive oils but one of the best I’ve found (and now many supermarkets stock it which is great!) is ‘Il Casolare’. It tastes exceptional and quite unlike most of the stuff you can get in the UK 🙂

• posted by Jante
    on

I cannot find the list either.

• posted by bazza525
    on

In a recent ” Which” article on olive oil, they had a blind taste test, the experts picked out the M&S Extra virgin olive oil. I have tried it and it’s excellent.

• posted by Lislaceyward
    on

I’m having exactly the same problem!

• posted by Stripeychick
    on

Hi, I am having the same problem but I found a website called The North American Olive Oil Association, they claim to have tested brands, there are some available in the UK

• posted by Teresal
    on

Which is the best olive oil to buy?

• posted by pixiedownunder
    on

Exactly like the ones before me, I ended up in this website looking for more info on how to source good olive oil… Has anyone found out anything? I am in Australia…

• posted by Motherofwhippets
    on

My favourite olive oils are mostly Greek. I get them from IGA.

• posted by Dollygrip
    on

The thing about olive oil is the harvest and bottling date. Olive oil is perishable so check you buy it as fresh as possible. I checked along a row of expensive oils at a high-end supermarket and chose the freshest. I like estate bottled Castillo De Canena extra virigin olive oil, in arbequina and picual varieties, and the grassy, Marqués de Valdueza extra virgin which is a blend.

Please log in or register to post a reply.