Repair Diet – Clever guts

• posted by djw
    on

How long should it take for my food symptoms to die down and how do I tell if a reaction is good or bad. Three days into the repair diet , I feel better but after eating breakfast, I feel slightly dizzy and wobbly legs.Is this a good sign or a bad sign and if it is caused by one of the meals , how do I now which element>

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Analysing your detailed food and symptom diary (pre-CG, repair phase, reintroduction phase, rinse and repeat) is a long slow process. Likely weeks or months, not days. Your pre-CG diary should be guiding your remove and repair phase.

You are looking for both immediate and slightly longer term patterns, as each food can take several days to be eliminated. Damage to the gut and systemic inflammation take time to calm.

There is no one-size-fits-all timescale. Some will quickly identify a food type/ group they are allergic or intolerant to. Others may have be treating longstanding nutrient deficiencies (eg. Vitamin D, magnesium, omega-3s, prebiotic fibres).

As Dr. Mosley says (p.190) “we don’t recommend removing too many foods at one time, so it might be helpful to do remove and repair in several stages. You can always repeat the process with the less troublesome foods at a later date.”

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

DJW: if you have gone full-pelt from a high carb / Hi GI diet into Cleverguts you might be suffering hypos simply because your body is used to having carbs/sugar all the time. To really answer this question you’d need to provide a lot more background information such as relevant medical history / symptoms / diet / fluid intake / prescription drugs etc. .. Hope that helps
    Graham

• posted by djw
    on

Thank you for your replies

Please log in or register to post a reply.