Just getting my head round all the information, any ideas on breakfast ideas

• posted by Venusian6
    on

I am trying to figure out ideas that would be suitable for breakfast? I love my bread so it is going to be a case of omitting this, can anyone help with ideas or at least direct me as to what would be suitable for breakfast, as it seems that most breakfasts consist of carbs, porridge, cereal.

thank you, appreciate the help.

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

There are a good number of recipes ‘To start the day’ in the original Clever Guts Diet book – pages 197 to 211 – and presumably more in the CG recipe book.

The authors recommend eating a *really wide variety* of wholefoods each week, and thus different breakfasts each day.

Ingredients suitable for breakfasts include lower sugar fruits, certain vegetables, free range or organic eggs, seeds, nuts, live fermented dairy products, coconut or nut based dairy alternatives.

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Combining these ingredients you can make a vegetable frittata or vegetable omelette, fruit and veg smoothies, layered concoctions of fruit/ dairy/ nuts/ seeds, low grain or dairy free versions of rice pudding or porridge, shakshuka/ huevos rancheros.

• posted by HazelR
    on

Porridge may seem a bit boring having it every morning but have you tried ‘overnight’ oats, or some call them bircher oats (I think they’re called bircher oats if you don’t use milk as the main wet ingredient, and instead use say apple juice or any other kind of juice). I prefer making mine with Kefir that way I get both my probiotic and all the goodness from the oats. I soak the oats (a small cup will make enough for two people) in a bowl with the kefir (either kefir on its own or a mixture of kefir and milk, or sometimes I just use a live yoghurt). You can then add whatever you want to this – I add sliced almonds, blueberries, strawberries when they’re in season, bananas etc etc. I also add a spoonful of Linwoods flaxseed mix, and a spoonful (tsp) of organic cocoa which gives it a lovely nutty, chocolatey flavour – again you can experiment with your favourite fruits (sometimes I add a bit of maple syrup if I’m exercising that morning). I have recently started adding grated apple and some apple juice just for a change of flavour. You just place everything in a bowl and mix well, then put in fridge overnight covered with foil (you can buy bircher jars from Amazon but they’re really not necessary – a deep bowl with some foil does the job just as well). This is a great start to any morning and especially if you have a long walk/cycle to participate in or just life in general.

Please log in or register to post a reply.