Getting your gut tested

• posted by KML
    on

In the book we are encouraged to get ourselves tested. I went onto the recommended website to be told there is currently no testing being carried out in the UK. How else do we get tested?

• posted by Steve Maggs
    on

I went through British Gut. Which I think is the one recommended in the book.

I’ve had the results, but it’s just a list with percentages. I’m struggling at the moment to know what the data really means.

• posted by jo t
    on

I was just searching for somewhere in Australia?!?!? Anyone know of places here to be tested now

• posted by JPRJ
    on

Hi Jo t,

There’s another post here called “Biome testing in Australia” where one pserson has tried SmartDNA (SmartGUT) in Victoria & there’s reference to another company, Microba, who are due to provide a similar service by the end-2017. I understand they’re a commercial offshoot of UQ (University of Queensland). Google will find them.

• posted by JPRJ
    on

Tuesday, October 17th at 8:30pm (AEST) the ABC Catalyst program will be airing a new two-part series on the gut microbiome and gut health. It should be an interesting watch!

Please log in or register to post a reply.