Getting started!

• posted by Fliptop
    on

Hi, I’ve read the book and am fascinated by what I’ve read. I am very fortunate that I do not have any food intolerances but I have always eaten too much sugar! I am hoping that the diet may help me get this under control, and also increase the range of foods that I eat! Am I correct in assuming that, since I have no intolerances, it would still be best for me to do the whole Remove and Repair thing? Many thanks for any guidance. I’m really excited!

• posted by Shuggieg
    on

Hi Fliptop

I was tested as pre-diabetic, went on the Blood Sugar Diet, lost 3 stone in weight over 3 months and blood sugar now under control. Continuing with the diet as recipes are wonderful. Similar to your query, I don’t have any gut problems (that I am aware of) so do I have to do phase1 or can I go straight into phase 2.

Note for Administrator I would like to volunteer for the potato starch/sleep trial.

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

I cannot see any reason not to go straight to phase 2. But don’t rush it! Change 1-2 things only at a time and see how your body reacts. Huge, sudden, changes are disruptive and very hard to sustain. Its a journey- one step at a time. All of that said, every one is an individual and the only real way to know what a good diet FOR YOU is, is to have your micro biome analysed:

• posted by Shuggieg
    on

Thanks Graham for the useful feedback, yes I am trying one thing at a time. I started off my first batch of Purple Sauerkraut yesterday and look forward to the result in 3 weeks as per the recipe in the book. Very interesting Tedx video backing up the stuff reported by Michael in his book.
    Best regards

• posted by Fliptop
    on

Many thanks Shuggieg, for the tip about the Blood Sugar Diet. I will certainly read that, and start there.

• posted by Gortolo
    on

Take one step at a time.

Please log in or register to post a reply.