coconut milk

• posted by Stringybean
    on

I thought I would give the clever cuts diet a go because I was experiencing problems.

Most of the recipes are delicious but this morning I had the coconut porridge. The recipe does not state whether to use low fat or full fat coconut milk. I used the full fat version and found the porridge was swimming in fat! Surely this cant be good for my cholesterol?

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

Watch Trust Me I’m A Dr Next week and Michael Mosley will answer your question

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Stringybean: reduced fat coconut milk is usually watered down, then ‘stuff’ is added …

As a one off or weekly inclusion – Dr Mosely advocates eating a really wide variety of foods and combinations of foods – no single recipe will negatively affect your blood choleterol.

In any case there is NO clear body of evidence that the short to medium chain saturated fatty acids in coconut is ‘bad’ for the heart and circulation.

It is increasingly clear that the problem is a combination of the *type and amount* of carbohydrates, combined with the *type and amount* of fats in the diet.

Clever Guts emphasises healthy fats (extra virgin olive oil, oily fish), and steers clear of unhealthy carbs (added sugar, refinrd grains).

Please log in or register to post a reply.