Sourdough Bread

• posted by June1767
    on

Well I’ve made lots different kinds bread but never sourdough.
    There’s plenty info out there but would like to hear from those of you who regularly make it.
    .Advice on starters. Recipes etc Foolproof if possible lol x

• posted by Ada
    on

Our daily bread is homemade sourdough. Check out sourdough.com. It is an Australian website. I use their starter recipe. It’s great. Good luck

• posted by recoveringfatty
    on

@ada

Could you post a link to the recipe you said is great, I couldn’t find it on sourdough.com

Thanks!

• posted by Rosierose
    on

Hello,
    I am learning to make sourdough bread and found “Do Sourdough” (there are a range of “do” books) by Andrew Whitley to be a fantastic resource – really thorough and helpful.

• posted by skinnykins
    on

I’m looking for a low carb sourdough using a sourdough starter. I can’t find any on the internet

• posted by Kitty cholesterol
    on

My husband has been making sourdough for a couple of years and I find I can tolerate it quite happily though I’ve not used it as part of an exclusion regime. I ‘think’ I have had IBS of the non-constipation variety but never had any investigations other than a coeliac blood test which was negative so can’t be sure. The 5:2 diet helped immensely and eating less with a 12 hour break overnight also helps.
    The course my husband attended on Wild yeasts and sourdough was at the Artisan School of Food and Cookery in Welbeck, Notts and he couldn’t recommend it highly enough; well worth a weekend if you can.
    I did cut out almost all wheat based products along with the alliums, apples and pears (as per the FODMAP diet) etc and my symptoms did lessen dramatically. I’m back on most of them now with not too many tricky days.

Please log in or register to post a reply.