Microbiome testing

• posted by Mumra
    on

I’m keen to have my microbiome tested but see that on website only one company is mentioned and not available in UK. Has anyone tried a UK based company that they can recommend or any to avoid. Thanks.

• posted by Marina
    on

Hi Mumra
    I too am interested in getting my microbiome tested in the UK, but am interested in a company who does the whole package, including interpreting the results and giving clinical recommendations etc. Let me know if you come across such a company. Thanks Marina

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

I’ve done a lot of work with British Gut- check out their website. Its very cheap (£75 from memory) and when you get the results I’m happy (accredited!) to provide interpretation and advise.. UBiome is one of my other recommendations

• posted by Olliedog
    on

Thank you Graham for the information. I’m interested because my son has suffered from CFS for several years now, needs help.

• posted by Mimi62
    on

Hi I would like to get my microbiome tested but have started Methotrexate injections two weeks ago to try to control Rheumatoid Arthritis. I’ve been on a restricted diet for 3 months now. I don’t know if the Methotrexate would impact on the microbiome test results – can anyone advise please (I’m assuming it would which is why I haven’t gone ahead yet).

on

Yes it likely would; nevertheless I’d still be inclined to have a test done

• posted by Mimi62
    on

Thanks for your advice. I am inclined to get a test done anyway as you say.

• posted by Michelle020
    on

Im also keen on getting my microbiome tested (in EU), and I wonder what kind of results I can expect, reading from your comments that ‘interpretation and advice’ apprantly not always is included?
    Any reccomendations on where to get a test including interpretation and advice would be great!

• posted by hebbo137
    on

Found this website https://www.chucklinggoat.co.uk/product/microbiome-test/. Its a UK based company that sells Kefir goats milk and other gut health products. They also now offer microbiome testing with a personalised eating plan for £125. Its says on their site that they are registered with the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency), and they have an excellent rating on Trustpilot. I am considering using them for testing, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them.

• posted by friendlybeasts
    on

Another vote for the Chuckling Goat test, highly recommended.
    I had my initial test done with The British Gut Project (really The American Gut Project) and it gave a lot of data but no interpretation so was pretty useless to me!
    I more recently had one done with Chuckling Goat and got a great report along with a phone conversation to interpret the report and results. They also provide recommendations on products to improve the gut health based on your own results. My nutritionalist was Chelsea and she was so helpful. Wish I hadnt wasted money on The British Gut Project now! Although those results are providing a bigger picture to help scientists learn more about global gut health patterns. Its a Crowd Funding project and more for their benefit than yours.

• posted by phco
    on

I wondered how your test from Atlas Biomed went, KFal? It seems to be the company that carries out the testing for The Chuckling Goat, but doesn’t include a chat with a nutritionist as part of their own test, which CG does. It’s also £20 more expensive than CG, but I see it recommends ongoing tests to measure what improvement occurs once following their diet recommendations, which CG does not, so I’m divided about which to go for.

• posted by NeenaG
    on

Hi All.
    I’m looking to get my microbiome tested but the one Michael used in the book is no longer available (uBiome). Any recommendations – how was the atlas one? Also, I’m 5 months pregnant so would it be better to wait until I have had the baby? If so, how long should I wait before my microbiome gets back to something resembling my normal one?

• posted by Gremms
    on

Any testing recommendations in new zealand? Thanks

• posted by Dusk
    on

Hi
    I’m looking for testing in Australia for gut microbiome.
    Anyone know a company in Australia?

• posted by BJS
    on

Hi Dusk – I’m also looking for services in Australia – a friend recommended i-screen for other tests and I just checked and they do a Biome test. It looks like it is both more (testing for other factors) and less (not as many helpful bacteria) than the ones other have talked about -https://www.i-screen.com.au/tests/microbiome-test.
    I’d like to see recommendations from anyone who has had testing done in Australia

• posted by BJS
    on

I just googled and found another one in Australia that seems similar to the Chuckling Goat one mentioned above (involving interpretation and support) – https://www.microba.com/

• posted by Dusk
    on

Hi BJS
    I think I will go with microba. It sounds pretty good.
    Thank you.
    Dusk

• posted by Leelee2
    on

I also recommend Microba, they are exceptional and the report is incredibly detailed and it includes a 15 minute phone call to discuss your results and recommendations.

• posted by HB – not a pencil
    on

I’m new to this forum and interested in microbiome testing. Any recommendations please I’m noticing a lot of these posts seem quite old and wondering if any recent updates on recommended companies to go with.
    Thank you

on

Yes. This forum appears to have died a death. We provide this service via InVivo. Take a look at ProLongevity for more info. You need more than a test. You need someone to interpret it and explain what to do

• posted by Denzilpass
    on

For anyone looking for Australian microbiome testing, check out Microba. I haven’t tried them yet but am about to. I’m impressed by what I’ve read so far about the type of test used, and interpretation and support offered.
    Type in:
    insight.microba.com

• posted by Denzilpass
    on

For anyone looking for Australian microbiome testing, check out Microba. I haven’t tried them yet but am about to. I’m impressed by what I’ve read so far about the type of test used, and interpretation and support offered.

Please log in or register to post a reply.