Microbiome testing

• posted by Mumra
    on

I’m keen to have my microbiome tested but see that on website only one company is mentioned and not available in UK. Has anyone tried a UK based company that they can recommend or any to avoid. Thanks.

• posted by Marina
    on

Hi Mumra
    I too am interested in getting my microbiome tested in the UK, but am interested in a company who does the whole package, including interpreting the results and giving clinical recommendations etc. Let me know if you come across such a company. Thanks Marina

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

I’ve done a lot of work with British Gut- check out their website. Its very cheap (£75 from memory) and when you get the results I’m happy (accredited!) to provide interpretation and advise.. UBiome is one of my other recommendations

• posted by Olliedog
    on

Thank you Graham for the information. I’m interested because my son has suffered from CFS for several years now, needs help.

• posted by Mimi62
    on

Hi I would like to get my microbiome tested but have started Methotrexate injections two weeks ago to try to control Rheumatoid Arthritis. I’ve been on a restricted diet for 3 months now. I don’t know if the Methotrexate would impact on the microbiome test results – can anyone advise please (I’m assuming it would which is why I haven’t gone ahead yet).

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

Yes it likely would; nevertheless I’d still be inclined to have a test done

• posted by Mimi62
    on

Thanks for your advice. I am inclined to get a test done anyway as you say.

• posted by Michelle020
    on

Im also keen on getting my microbiome tested (in EU), and I wonder what kind of results I can expect, reading from your comments that ‘interpretation and advice’ apprantly not always is included?
    Any reccomendations on where to get a test including interpretation and advice would be great!

Please log in or register to post a reply.