HOWARU Prebiotic in the U.K.?

• posted by Kajsa
    on

Hi,
    I struggle to find anyone who is sourcing HOWARU Prebiotics in the U.K. Anyone who have had any luck at all?

Many thanks,
    Kajsa

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

I’m not especially convinced about HowarU Taker a look at Symprove (aimed specifically at irritable and inflammatory bowel) and OptibBac (broader range of probiotics)

• posted by Annave
    on

Since reading the pre/probiotic email update this morning, I have been going round in circles trying to find HOWARU Adult Protect and HOWARU Restore because of the published study concerning the link with respiratory problems. The links to the company itself only seem to be useful for industry professionals and I have been unable to find any products I can order, either here in the Netherlands or anywhere else in Europe for that matter. I’d be so grateful if anyone can help me find these specific supplements (as opposed to probiotics in general). Thanks!

• posted by Kajsa
    on

Pretty same problem here to, emailed the company several times to no avail I’m afraid. I’m really keen to get hold of it as HOWARU protect for my son as iges been suffering with severe chest infections. Any ideas of a distributiter in Europe would be welcomed.

on

Take a look at Optibac probiotic supplements – I’m sure their bifido product is just as good as HAWARU

• posted by Annave
    on

Yes, but rather unusually this specific supplement has been linked to respiratory problems and that’s why the person who started the thread and I are trying to obtain it.

• posted by Annave
    on

If you go to the HOWARU website you will see that the study referred to in Michael’s newsletter concerns Upper Respiratory Tract infections, while the Optibac blog refers to asthma, which I think is an inflammation and not an infection.

• posted by Gilian_Wilson
    on

Thanks GrahamSPhillips for that link. It made me do some research and after doing a bit of detective work myself, I discovered that you can get hold of these strains in an Optibac probiotics product called ‘For every day extra strength’. Turns out that Optibac works with danisco the manufacturer, and that their extra strength supplement is exactly the same as the HOWARU combination, but with one additional strain. Hurrah!

on

Pleased to have been of service!

• posted by KiwiPadThai
    on

If anyone from NZ is reading this, Nutralife have the HOWARU strains in their probiotics – the P3 probiotic and 50 billion probiotic.

Please log in or register to post a reply.