Diverticulosis

• posted by Susiegoozee
    on

I have just been diagnosed after colonoscopy with diverticulosis two pockets not inflamed. Strangely I have never suffered with constipation if fact the opposite so don’t understand how I got them. I do however love curry and very hot so wonder if this is the cause. I eat very healthy no rubbish eats lots salad and veg and go to gym 3 to 4 times a week.

Is love to know what caused it but I am now going to be more careful no more hot curries and will look into the Apple cider vinegar and kefir. Any advice very welcome.

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

I would suggest starting with the detailed food and symptom diary (p 187 of the Clever Guts book). Every mouthful as you eat it, with weighed and measured quantities. If you add or subtract too many foods/ ingredients at this stage you won’t know what helped or hindered.

Look at the balance and variety of foods in your current diet: oily fish and other seafood, natural dairy, wholegrains, beans and lentils, nuts and seeds are just as important as brightly coloured produce.

Curries can be spicy without being hot (chilli). Spices are loaded with antioxidants.

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Do consider your intake of magnesium rich foods, of which there are relatively few (certain seeds, cocoa, brans). Magnesium is lost in sweat and loose stool, and has many functions inc. muscle relaxation.

HTH!

Please log in or register to post a reply.