Colonic

• posted by Heidio79
    on

Hi
    I’m interested in getting a 90 min colonic with abdominal massage. Can this do anything to improve my gut biome?
    Thanks

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

I cannot see how it possibly could. The health of your micro biome is mainly dependent on what you feed it (i.e. what you eat) and to a degree by exercise. I’d concentrate on a healthy diet as recommended by Michael’s Clever Guts book

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’m no expert, but I would say yes, a colonic could help. A colonic clears the large intestine of waste matter, including matter impacted and unmoved for sometime and in doing so, flushes out the colon and leaves it cleansed. This gives you a ‘blank canvas’ on which to build you nice new biome, using all the recommended Clever Guts foods.

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

I disagree. Unless there are very profound reasons to mess with your entire microbiota I’d leave it well alone. You are proposing a total deforestation . Instead fertilise the good guys and allow them to do their stuff

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Dr. Michael Mosley and Prof. Tim Spector (British Gut Project) both had colonoscopies without altering or improving the balance of their gut flora. A normal gut ‘cleanses’ itself: if you are constipated/ are concerned about impacted poop consult your family doctor or pharmacist.

Please log in or register to post a reply.