Coffee

• posted by Weaglie
    on

Hi there. I have been in the tepair phase for 3 weeks. I have been drinking black coffee with almond milk. Can anyone confirm if coffee allowed in The CGD please?

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Depends how much coffee/ caffeine you are using, and what your detailed food and symptoms diary revealed. Using coffee as a regular stimulant/ mild drug is different to rounding off a good meal with a small cup.

Caffeine is known to impact quantity and/ or quality of sleep, as well as bowel function. On the flip side ‘proper’ coffee is a source of polyphenol antioxidants, so can be beneficial to health in moderation.

Do check the ingredients of your dairy substitute if you are buying a ready made ‘milk’.

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

Coffee (black or almond milk) is full of polyphenols to generally “good”. As for the caffeine element you have to judge for yourself whether it affect you –

• posted by Weaglie
    on

Thank you Firefox and Graham. I have one long black ground not instant but definetly rely on it as a ‘pick me up’. That has made me reconsier it!

• posted by CynthiaDuncan
    on

Hi, I agree with you that it depends on you that how much coffee you are using.

Please log in or register to post a reply.