The plant paradox..?

• posted by Nordica
    on

I have read all Dr.Mosley’s books, and Clare Bailey’s recipe book, and gradually changed my diet completely. It’s been a happy process full of the discoveries of lovely foods and recipes. Then I came across Dr.Gundry’s book ‘The Plant Paradox’ and it has left me very confused. Is there research to back Dr.Gundry’s ideas up? For those not familiar with him, Dr Gundry believes that lectins are poisonous to humans- and according to him lectins are in nearly all the foods we think are healthy… Dr. Mosley, if you read this, what is your take on Dr. Gundy’s theories?
    Thank you.

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

There is a thread in the Newbies forum entitled ‘Mosley’s View on Lectins’ that you may find helpful. Search the PubMed and Google Scholar websites for abstracts (and some full texts) of relevant published studies.

If neither Dr Gundry’s book nor his website are properly referenced I would not bother reading them. The eating plan backed by the largest body of research and the majority of healthcare professionals is arguably the Mediterranean diet: this emphasises a wide variety of plant foods.

Please log in or register to post a reply.