Stress

• posted by mari50
    on

I have a disability and because of it I get very stressful through frustration mainly. I am unable to do what I used especially walking a fair distance. I want a healthy diet, although I do eat fairly healthily (maybe a kitkat once or twice a week) but when I feel this way I donot want to eat. Can you please help?

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Mari50: It is very common for anxiety/ stress to reduce the appetite, even cause ‘butterflies’ and nausea. Whether that has a negative or neutral effect on health depends on how long you do not eat for, how often, and what you eat the rest of the time.

There is some evidence that periods of fasting may positively impact health. I haven’t got around to reading Dr Mosley’s book (The Fast Diet) but others here have, and will hopefully reply to your thread.

A balanced and very varied wholefood diet (like Clever Guts) supplies the nutrients most important in mental wellbeing. These include magnesium, long chain omega-3s, various B group vitamins and vitamin D.

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Mari50: Foods rich in these nutrients include oily fish, cocoa/ low sugar very dark chocolate, various seeds, organic eggs.

Hopefully you are drinking fluids even when not eating solid meals? If so you might be able to manage thin smoothies, soups or live fermented dairy drinks (eg. kefir, cultured buttermilk).

If the idea of making soups and smoothies from scratch on bad days is overwhelming, you are not alone in that!! If possible prep, portion and freeze ingredients on good days. Freezing and thawing softens many fruits and veggies reducing or eliminating the need for cooking/ making blending much easier.

• posted by mari50
    on

Thank you to my correspondences

• posted by delmareproulx
    on

Hi there, according to me, you are in depression and unable to take decision properly that what you want to do. I think you can also try diet guide which helps to eat you healthy and regular workout which helps to make you overcome from stress. There is also an expert who provides you guidance to take you out from stress. They can see the things going in your life and guide you as per the situation to move in life. I have heard good reviews about http://www.martine-voyance.com online who can provide you the best way to move positively in life.

Please log in or register to post a reply.