Psoriatic Rheumatoid Arthritis

• posted by shelby
    on

I was wondering if seaweed would be of any help with Psoriatic Rheumatoid Arthritis as looks like it may be with Psoriasis. I found, over the last 20 years, that my condition can be managed with diet and fasting. .

• posted by KayA
    on

I am going to try it as I have relatively uncontrolled Psoriatic Arthritis. It can’t harm.

• posted by Tania
    on

I was diagnosed with that many years ago. I have found that a large daily dose of Omega 3 (high strength) capsules has made a huge difference. So much so, that I forget I have psoriatic arthritis until I stop taking the omega-3. Then my symptoms come back and I’m reminded so i take the omega-3 and then I forget… you get the picture. I try to take 6 capsules a day. It takes a bit of time before you notice a difference.

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

The 5:2 diet (which first brought Michael to fame!) is extremely helpful for a whole variety of inflammatory conditions including psoriasis and rheumatoid arthritis. Well worth trying. Lots of other health benefits too!
    Graham

• posted by shelby
    on

I absolutely agree that any sort of fasting helps auto immune inflammatory conditions. That’s how, 30 years ago, I realized the connection. 5 days of not being able to eat lead to being free of pain from being in constant pain. Sugar, in all forms, wheat, alcohol and most fruit, still give me pain. Unfortunately, I’ve never found a doctor who has taken this seriously.

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

Hi Shelby- buy a copy of Michael’s 5:2 diet book and suggest your GP reads it. It was ground breaking at the time, its still extremely relevant -and it changed many lives including mine!

• posted by shelby
    on

thanks Graham. I do already own all his books and try to follow all the insightful advice. A stressful job and long commute often play havoc with my planning though. His work is well known here in New Zealand.

Please log in or register to post a reply.