Prebiotic supplements

• posted by richwnewman
    on

In his recent BBC programme on sleep, Dr Mosley used a prebiotic supplement. I wanted to try one of these. Is there a dose or brand that anyone could recommend?
    Thanks

• posted by IKeeptrying
    on

In his book Michael Mosley recommends VSL# 3
    I believe the one he used on the BBC prog about sleep was biome or something similar sounding

• posted by Aquilegia
    on

Yes, VSL#3, that’s the one I use – one sachet a day mixed in water or in food – i.e. yoghurt.

I recommend buying direct from their website or from Lloyds Pharmacy (they keep it in the fridge so you might have to ask) just to make sure you’re getting the authentic product. It is despatched from VSL via next day delivery and in a chilled and insulated box.

• posted by richwnewman
    on

Thanks for the responses.

It looks like these are probiotic supplements. I was actually looking for prebiotics.
    Thanks for the help.

• posted by Barbara 123
    on

Hi, I believe the one that the Doc was using was bimuno.It looked like it anyway. I used to take it, but my chemist stopped selling it. It’s galactose oligosaccharides, the same sort of fibre that’s in beans if memory serves. I just looked at Amazon as you made me think I might order some, but the powder type that I used to use is out of stock at the moment. Possibly because everyone saw that programme! Hopefully it’ll be in stock again soon. Hope that helps.

• posted by richwnewman
    on

That’s great, thanks a lot Barbara

• posted by Aquilegia
    on

Sorry, richwnewman, I initially read your post as “probiotic”! Yes, you can get prebiotics that Michael used from Bimuno https://www.bimuno.com/

Barbara – they are now back in stock! 🙂

• posted by Aquilegia
    on

okay, so I’ve twice typed and submitted a post in this thread with the link to Bimuno prebiotics but neither have appeared!

• posted by Midlifethread
    on

I can get to sleep easily but always wake in the night. After seeing The Trouble with Sleep I bought inulin/dried chicory root and believe my sleep is improving and in the past I’ve tried all the usual ‘tips’ for a good nights sleep. Been taking it for 1 week now. I add it to milk and have it with Weetabix for supper or in a milky drink 😀

• posted by Tarabiome
    on

Bimuno back in stock: buy direct from their website – bimuno.com you will be redirected to Clasado Ltd – they bought the patent from Reading Uni I think…

• posted by nutsinmay
    on

2nd attempt to reply – hope this one makes it onto the forum. Suggest you try a product called “Flourishe” made by Nature’s Best. This is made from chicory root, recommended by Michael Mosley as a good source of the prebiotic inulin. I have always found NB’s products to be excellent (no, I don’t work for them and have no vested interest!). Their website is easy to navigate and their customer service is very good. Hope this helps.

• posted by Msara
    on

I’ve found that it’s possible to get inulin prebiotic from local health food shops these days.

• posted by Finn2013
    on

Supplements are excellent ways of accelerating natural body functions. If you want to boost your sport and sexual performance…I will introduce you to “Testx Core”. Check http://supplement-help.com for details

• posted by marthab
    on

Hi
    The prebiotic used was called Bimuno.

Please log in or register to post a reply.