Medjool dates

• posted by NannyA
    on

Hi, do you think medjool dates and prunes would be alright to have on the Mediterranean diet . Thank you

• posted by Msara
    on

Yes however prunes are on the ‘avoid list’ for FODMAP. So if you react to those tyoes of food they are best avoided. Medjool dates are a good alternative natural sweetener.

• posted by NannyA
    on

That’s great, thank you.

• posted by insect
    on

My DH eats lots of these weekly. He chops them to add to morning porridge as well as munching them in the afternoons along with an apple.

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Yes if you stick to recommended serving sizes (30g dried fruit in the UK), and don’t have too often because they are very high in sugar.

Dr Mosley recommends reducing all sugar and sweeteners, and focusing on veg not fruit. It is notable that there are only two ‘treat’ recipes and suggested snacks are savoury (eg. veg sticks/ nuts).

HTH!

• posted by insect
    on

I find fruit and veg. difficult to eat but my husband eats a good mix of everything that we can buy on the markets. Most of our meals are cooked from scratch but I have fads …….

• posted by Flame
    on

Just checking my FODMAP list and dates are a no-go if you have an intolerance to that type of sugar….

Please log in or register to post a reply.