Making Yogurt

• posted by w14jogger
    on

From a gut bacteria point of view does it make any difference if I use UHT milk or fresh milk for making yogurt? Also is there any real difference if I don’t use organic milk and an organic yogurt starter and just use regular milk/yogurt?

• posted by June1767
    on

I use uht milk plus some active yoghurt to make mine. Then I just keep some of it to start next batch. I bought an easiyo yoghurt maker. Don’t like the prepared satchels. Did bit goggle searching found a recipe I have used for few yrs now. Maybe not as much friendly bacteria as just using fresh milk. Don’t honestly know. Science would probably tell. It works for me. I get a litre of yoghurt out of a batch.

Have nosy at this site plenty of info on different yoghurt methods including one I use.
    http://sustainablesuburbia.net/how-to-make-yoghurt-from-scratch-in-an-easiyo-yogurt-maker/

• posted by Silvermoonbc
    on

Just made my second batch of yogurt in my yogotherm maker. I use homogenized milk organic and it comes out great. I’ve read a lot about whey separation and I don’t get that..curious as to why not? Clues?

• posted by Dwheel10
    on

Any problems with EasyYo – sachets are easy to use – labelling suggests lots of bugs so, if true, why not?

• posted by Faster999
    on

I just made my first batch: 1 litre organic whole milk, 6 tbsp of ‘Lancashire Farm’ natural yog which I’d had for a while. Heated milk to 150F then cooled to 42C, added 6 tbsp yog, wrapped whole pot in bath towel. Next day, thick, delicious, mild yoghurt. Very surprised!

• posted by qiaraau
    on

Wow! wanted to make my own yogurt too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.