H pylori

• posted by Nefertiti
    on

Diagnosed with Helicobacter Pylori at Christmas. Due to HP becoming antibiotic resistant, current treatment consists of at least 2 different antibiotics plus an antacid. If that fails, more antibiotics. Having spent a number of years trying to build up my immune system by improving my diet I don’t want to wipe out all the ‘good’ bacteria as well as the baddies. Have researched the infection and alternative non-prescription treatments and don’t believe there is a proven natural cure, only hearsay. Has anyone been in a similar situation? ie feeling damned if I don’t take the drugs and damned if I do? Thanks for listening.

• posted by Nefertiti
    on

oops sorry I think I’m on the wrong section

• posted by Genioz
    on

Hi there am I the same predicament!
    Have been treated twice for helicobacter pylori. Had a breath test and have still got it. Antibiotics prescribed again and I don’t want to take them. I Rarely get reflux and feel fine. My doctor says it is up to me whether I treat it again as lots of people have HP and don’t get treated.
    I feel worse when I have the treatment and get candida which takes ages to cure.
    Would love to hear from the medical profession what happens if I choose not to treat again. I know there is a risk of stomach ulcers and cancer but I would prefer to give the Clever Guts diet a real go with apple cider vinegar etc rather than take those nasty antibiotics.
    Anyone got any other ideas?
    Regard Genioz

• posted by Nefertiti
    on

Hi Genioz There isn’t an obvious answer isthere? Half my family think I should take the antibiotics, half don’t. My GP literally showed me the door when I said I wasn’t sure about the prescribed remedy. So I saw a different one who was a bit more polite and agreed that it’s a tricky one. Like yours she said it was up to me in the end.
    For the time being I am doing nothing about it. The use by date on my antibiotics is Feb 2019 so I’m putting off the decision until then. If not indefinitely 🙂 A gastroscopy might be useful to check for inflammation of my stomach lining but I don’t really want that either.
    Catch 22 eh. Wishing you well and hope you find an answer. Best regards

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

My advice? Take the anti-biotics. Thereafter really concentrate on your microbiome by following the CleverGuts recommendations. Tim Spector’s “Diet Myth” is another highly-recommended “must read”

Please log in or register to post a reply.