When to start!

• posted by Chipsdown
    on

Hi, I would really love to start phase 1, but I’m finding it difficult to find 2-4 weeks where I don’t have a night out or social event. (I’ve just started dating again and moved to be nearer friends!) It is highly unlikely I’ll be able to stay away from alcohol or all foods that I should be avoiding completely. Is it worth doing a sort of half and half for awhile until I have the time clear, or would I just be better waiting until I cam do it properly. (It would only be 1-2 nights a week maximum that I’d be out).
    Anyone else struggle to be completely dedicated?

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

It really depends what your diet, lifestyle and health are like at present, and exactly what these nights out entail.

Have you completed the detailed food and symptoms diary? Do you currently meet or exceed all your country’s recommendations for diet, physical activity, alcohol/ smoking and weight?

On the one hand ANY improvements to your diet and lifestyle is beneficial to your health over the medium to long term.

On the other hand Clever Guts phase one is quite restrictive. Combining this with unhealthy diet or lifestyle choices could stress the body. And don’t underestimate the effect on the gut microbiome of a single ‘naughty’ day/ night. So unfair!

I would suggest focussing on the basics of a healthy, balanced and varied diet and lifestyle, whilst monitoring your symptoms. That allows for alcohol in moderation and eating out at venues that cook wholefoods from scratch.

HTH!

Please log in or register to post a reply.