Food labelling/guidelines

• posted by Newbiechris
    on

Hi all,
    I have recently been diagnosed as being pre-diabetic, and whilst not completely followng this diet, I am using some of the recipes and guidelines, which I am finding really helpful. I have cut right down on potatoes, pasta, cereals, processed meats, too much fruit (especially those considered as tropical fruits, like bananas, mangoes, grapes etc), flavoured yoghurts, etc. I have never had a particulalry sweet tooth so don’t normally eat biscuits, cakes, sweets etc. . I am not too concerned about losing weight, but really want to get my blood sugar levels down. I now read labels on everything I buy and try to take note of the carbohydrate content (particularly the bit that says ‘of which sugars’). My question is, how do I know what is a high level of carbs/sugar and what is acceptable? Is there some sort of magic figure I should be looking for? Sorry if this seems a daft question, but I look at things and think ‘is that high? Is that ok? so I really need some advice! Thanks in advance. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.