Diagnosis……

• posted by Lam75
    on

Hi.

Just finished reading the Clever Guts book and was fascinated by it and the research behind it.

Almost want to feed the gut rather than the body of that makes sense.

The reason for the post and please excuse it being a little graphic for my first post but I’m looking for some thoughts on a ‘problem’ that I have had for as long as I can remember.

I’m sure this is diet/gut related.

My bottom leaks. Not poo but a clear water like fluid. Aside from being clearly wrong the main downside to this is that I tend to have damp pants all the time.

I tend to go to the toilet 5/6 times per day and have problems clearing my bowels.

I thought perhaps it’s an irritated bowel that is ‘weeping’ but to be honest I have no idea.

I can’t say that I suffer from bloatedness or any other issues discussed in the book but I guess like most people I probably do but have lived with it so long I do not recognise it.

The only two sensitivities that I am aware of is that I get very firstly after eating lots of onions and I get itchy ears (that weep faster lots of scratching) if I eat to much cheese.

Happy to answer further questions if that helps but can anyone’s offer any ideas. I’ve researched lots and can’t see anything.

Lee

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

Hi Lee
    Have you seen your GP? If not then please do.

• posted by Viola
    on

Could be something serious. Best to get that checked.

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Another vote for consulting your family doctor. Please don’t try to self treat a self diagnosis.

In the mean time it’s well worth starting the detailed daily food and symptom diary recommended by Dr. Mosley (page 187).

Define “lots of” and “too much” in weight or volume, type of cheeses, how the onions are prepared (pickled/ raw/ fried in oil), and what these foods are eaten with.

HTH!

Please log in or register to post a reply.