What to do?

• posted by Deniselynn
    on

I’m a bit confused about what to do and what to buy?
    Did you read the book first and then follow the recipe’s or does it not really matter what way you do it. Also did you go for the recipes you like the sound of or buy all the ingredients?
    I have had IBS for about 30 odd years (funnily the same amount of time that I have been married). And have only recently come of Omprezole tablets for acid reflux after many years of being on them. I had an endoscopy a few weeks back and showed I had a hiatus hernia which I knew I had due to a previous endoscopy and my dr told me I had to come of Omprezole for two weeks, it was hard at first but after reading about cider vinegar, I decided to give that a try and I am not going back to the Omprezole tablets. It hasn’t taken away the pain completely but I feel much better for not taking them and will continue taking the apple cider vinegar

• posted by MoggieDee
    on

I bought the Daily Mail with the magazine supplement which gave some of the recipes from the book. I can recommend the chicken goujons which I have made twice & the beef goulash omitting the paprika & using my own chicken stock instead of the bone broth which basically turned it into a beef casserole. I now have the book, which I have read & also looked through all the recipes but for me the downside to some of the recipes is the vast amount of different spices & herbs, both dried & fresh needed.
    I always have a couple of bottles of apple cider vinegar in my cupboard but I never thought of taking it before meals (recommended in the book) which I am now doing.

• posted by AbbyC
    on

I had similar symptoms and diagnosis and also stopped Omeprazole a year ago instead (on empty stomach before breakfast) taking cider vinegar in a pint of hot water with a large squeeze of lemon juice….. much better.

• posted by insect
    on

This particular antacid doesn’t have good reviews from some medics, see Dr James le Fanue in the Daily Telegraph.

I find that not eating 2 hours prior to laying down stops any reflux – hiatus hernia is ‘common’ in ladies approaching menopause – as oestrogen levels drop off so muscles may become lax = aches and pains including the wretched heartburn scenario. I find that over-the-counter preparations such as ‘Rennies’ are enough to ease symptoms, though I do need to chew 2/3 tablets sometimes.

Eating little and often can also ease heartburn symptoms. It really can be difficult to find what suits each individual.

My Mum swears by Apple Cider vinegar for various ailments – she is 90 and doesn’t take any medication other than Paracetamol occasionally.

Please log in or register to post a reply.