Vegan protein concern!!

• posted by bloatednewbie
    on

Hi everyone, I’m about to start my gut repair journey! I have been persistently bloated for 6 months or so with no other gut health symptoms (bowel movements are all good, folks!). Had all sorts of tests, but my GP has recommended resetting my gut biome. I’m vegan and cook the majority of my food from scratch so don’t eat many processed foods and eat a lot of fruit and veg anyway. My main concern is protein!! The start of the programme states to remove pulses and I’m worried about cutting out chickpeas and beans..I also don’t like tofu so I’m pretty much restricted to tempeh and nuts. Does anyone know if protein powder is okay to have? I obviously have a vegan one so no diary products. The blend I currently have also doesn’t contain soy! Any advice would be really appreciated, thank you!

• posted by Bennett341
    on

I seem to be extremely late to this post lol, but I hope your gut journey is going well! Short answer it really depends on the person.

I think it’s great you’re avoiding dairy and soy. That seems to trigger a lot of symptoms in people. Another huge thing I would say is to make sure your protein has clean ingredients. You don’t want a bunch of artificial crap. That’s no good for anyone! I’m using a bloat-free protein I found on Facebook called TumLove which has been great so far. I linked it to this post if you want to check it out.

Anyways, I hope all is well! :))

Protein:
    https://tumlove.com/products/tumlove-low-fodmap-gut-friendly-protein-powder-chocolate

Please log in or register to post a reply.