Seaweed?

• posted by christiaan
    on

Great, thanks, watching now.

Edit: that was great. What a fantastic woman 🙂

• posted by mollymae
    on

Hi Pia,

I’d love to be kept up to date with the seaweed capsule progress also. I’m yet another psoriasis sufferer and would be very interested in trying these out.
    in the mean time, what is a good type of seaweed to add to general food?

I have signed up on Phycohealth to the e newsletter, I’m just wondering if there was any other place for information.

Thanks, Molly

• posted by JenLR
    on

Dear Pia

Please add me to your list of people who wish to purchase your seaweed capsules. Like some of the others, I suffer with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and am keen to try these.

I have signed up on Psychohealth to the e-newsletter and like Molly, I would be interested to have any other information on this.

Thank you Jennifer

• posted by karenbenson
    on

Hi Pia-i work in dermatology so would love to be able to tp recommend seaweed capsules for my patients in the UK-so please add me to you list
    karen.benson@nhs.net

• posted by jo t
    on

Really excited to read about the benefits of seaweed I’m only halfway through the book and it’s really motivating. I’ve been thinking about my gut health and how it’s contributed to issues throughout my life namely rheumatoid arthritis at 15 and weight issues regardless of training and diet! Came across this book in Kmart and really enjoy Mosley’s tv documentaries so grabbed myself a copy. I have to say I am also excited that there’s potentially going to be a great product that’s going to be easily accessible in Australia!! I read about so many things that aren’t here or are too hard to get here 😀

• posted by christiaan
    on

Daneen, can you please stop spamming this forum, particularly given the fact that your seaweed is high in iodine.

• posted by Pia Winberg
    on

A few answers here and apologies for not keeping up with queries.
    Zarbazan – most Nori has a low but good amount of iodine. You could eat about 10g per day of the commercial nori that we have tested from Asian food store shelves, and still stay well below the recommended upper limit of dietary iodine. In contrast, 10g of kombu would put one person over 30 times above the upper limit for dietary iodine. Kombu is still a great seaweed to eat in tiny doses like in salt blends to provide iodine but you only need mg’s of it. The irony of iodine is that most populations are still deficient in it; it is vital for brain health and hormone function, but we only need a tiny amount through our whole life, all the time.
    We work with an Australian green seaweed that has even lower concentration of iodine than nori so that the dose can be increased for other nutritional components, including the dietary fibre, without risking high levels of iodine. In Australia we are looking to establish improved best practice around the species labelling and nutritional information of seaweeds for sale. I have even seen kombu for sale in Australia identified as nori – this would not be good for anyone sensitive to iodine and so these issues need to be addressed.
    But as long as your medical practitioner has not identified that you cannot eat iodine in relation to your thyroid concerns, then nori is a safe choice to eat regularly, if sourced from a clean ocean area.

• posted by ItsMadKen
    on

Just found this topic, my wife suffers from multiple sclerosis, which is another inflammatory auto-immune disease. Have any MS sufferers been included in the trial?

• posted by Pia Winberg
    on

Dear all who have been looking for access to concentrated seaweed fibre sources, we have been overwhelmed with interest since our first clinical study and we are now wrapping up the second one where we had 50 participants with skin conditions. In order to be able to scale this to meet the demand we have started an Indiegogo pre-order campaign which means we can then scale faster. You can see the full story and the capsules, as well as other seaweed food products that are easy to eat everyday at https://igg.me/at/phycohealth
    In addition to our clinical study participants, many people have contacted me directly and expressed their improved condition since simply being focused on their diet more and following Clever Guts approaches to food. This is great and hopefully with seaweed available now in a form that is easy and accessible in concentrated doses without too much iodine, this can be a part of your regime. It is wonderful that people can start to take charge of their health and learn for themselves what is working for them – we all have a unique gut and unique ways to improve it.
    Best
    Pia

• posted by Julye
    on

Hi my son has idiopathis urticaria and is currently taking strong antihistimines would the seaweed capsules help as I think this is an autoimmune condition and he would really not be continually taking antihistimines as he has been taking them for almost a year and a half. He has tried to reduce them but gets symptoms again.

Please log in or register to post a reply.