Oh dear!

• posted by Boring
    on

I have read the book, undoubtedly full of very good sense. However, as I live on a West Indian island with scant resources, it would be very difficult indeed to get all the necessary ingredients. Furthermore, I have yet to see any recipe that doesn’t make me want to gag!!! If 2 hrs tv watching (which I don’t do) takes 13 minutes off your life, what does a sedentary job do?. When I’ve been in the Mediterranean I’ve been offered loads of meat as well as the sainted fish. Since seeing at the age of five, a catch landed from a trawler dying slowly and horribly from suffocation, I do not have the fashionable attitude towards fish. Cattle, sheep and pigs enjoy a great deal better life than chickens so white meat doesn’t have a halo for me either. At 71, I am horribly tempted to carry on enjoying my life as it is. Oh yes, I do eat fish and chicken (I didn’t say I’m not a hypocrite but at least I’m aware of it). Oh, and I find vast quantities of vegetables, however varied and tarted up, extremely dull. Please is there anyone out there who can change my mind?!!

• posted by insect
    on

Are you generally well?

Please log in or register to post a reply.