Oats

• posted by J-J
    on

Sorry if this has been asked before but can anyone say if during the first phase of ‘rebooting your biome’ you are allowed oats?
    Thank you

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Depends on your detailed food and symptom diary, form of oats purchased, how you prepare them, how often you include them, portion size.

IF your food diary suggests a potential problem with related grains (wheat/ barley/ rye), OR you currently over-emphasise oats instead of a *really wide variety* of plants, OR you have processed oats (inc. porridge/ instant/ quick cook), you should limit or avoid oats in phase one.

There is the option of including a small amount of rolled oats in the CG nutty cinnamon granola (p.198). But note the granola only features once in the example meal planner (p.261).

HTH!

• posted by J-J
    on

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I have the meal planner but I was going to only eat the meals that I really like and leave out the ones I am less fond of so probably would eat the granola a couple of times a week. I made the nutty granola and really love it, in fact I’ve been making it now for over a month and I have already noticed a difference in my gut and my weight 🙂 I’m not embarking on this because I really want to lose weight but because I know that some foods I eat don’t agree with me and I’d like to find out what.
    I also have some bad habits – wine, potatoes, pasta, rice and sweet snacks which I have been decreasing but need to stop.
    I think I can manage to last for 2-3 weeks before introducing different food groups – I am looking forward to it in a way. Taking control it’s a good feeling.

Please log in or register to post a reply.