Mediterranean diet book recommendations?

• posted by lee737
    on

G’day, first post….
    Does anyone have any recommendations for good books about the Mediterranean diet? I was hoping Dr Mosley had written one, but it doesn’t seem so (as yet anyway)….

Lee

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

New out this month so I don’t own this book as yet … Thus only a suggestion not a full blown recommendation: ‘Wild Mediterranean’ by nutritionist Stella Metsovas might be a good fit with the ‘Clever Guts Diet’.

Please post your thoughts if you buy it, and I will do likewise. HTH!

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

I’d certainly consider the two books by the Bluezones author Dan Buettner

And also The Pioppi Diet by Aseem Malhotra

• posted by GORDON WANLESS
    on

I’d certainly consider the book by Dr. Barry Sears.

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Lee: your query prompted me to dust off a few recipe books, and order a couple more!

‘Eivissa The Ibiza Cookbook’ (written by Anne Sijmonsbergen) is a good match. Plenty of vegetables, fish and seafood, beans and lentils, some potato. Olive oil of course, and her cornerstone flavours: sea salt, black pepper, lemon and vinegar.

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

By the way there are loads of healthy recipes FREE on the BlueZones website …

• posted by lee737
    on

Thanks for the replies – I didn’t get a notification until just now… ??
    I’ll check out the recommendations, I remember enjoying Barry Sears ‘Zone’ diet book many years ago…..

• posted by Garthygarthy
    on

Claudia Roden has written various books about Mediterranean cuisine, none of her recipes have ever let me down.

Please log in or register to post a reply.