Just started – skin feeling hot all over

• posted by Steve Maggs
    on

So, I’ve started some aspects of the diet including more fermented foods and 5:2. My first week.

Previously I had ezcma, asthma, candida rashes like athletes foot and nail fungus. Hence why I thought this might help.

Only thing is, since starting this I kind of feel hot all over and my skin feels flushed. Not particularly unpleasant. Is this normal? I’m just not sure what it means? Is there like a war going on in my stomach between the various gut bacteria??

Appreciate any thoughts. Sometimes it’s weird working out whats going on. If only we could speak to our gut flora friends!!

• posted by IKeeptrying
    on

I wonder if you’re getting some kind of withdrawal symptoms? Maybe someone else might come and post with more knowledge?

• posted by Steve Maggs
    on

Thanks.

Yes that’s what I’m thinking. Although I feel ok this morning.

I’m wondering if, say I have too much candida, then by introducing new bacteria, the candida and this new lot & literallly fighting it out, hence the symptoms? Someone might be able to explain that medically?

I’m sticking with it though!

• posted by Tarabiome
    on

If you are new to fasting make sure you are drinking plenty. You might get a week or two of purging symptoms (swiftness rather than the runs) and killer headaches. This is normal but can put ppl off continuing.

In this mini heat wave in the uk watch your salt intake on fast days too. I have a miso soup, Bovril, or stock cube or just a sprinkle of salt in a glass of water or sugar free squash (I know I should avoid sweeteners) but on fast days squash ensures I drink enough.

Good luck on your journey; keep us posted on the benefits!

• posted by Steve Maggs
    on

Thagks Tarabuome.

Feel better today.

I think I’ve worked out what’s going on.

If I stick to the diet suggestions from Dr Mosely, I feel actually worse. Hot all over, my ezcma inflamed. But actually the headaches and pains in my neck (that I had previously) are gone. Plus I feel more relaxed.

If I then have a naughty treat (even something like toast) the rashes almost go and I feel brilliant – better than before.

Then on the fast days, I feel good. Each fast day is getting better.

So I think what is happening is that when I stick to the diet, there’s a little gut flora war going on in my stomach, resulting in die off and toxin release. I can then stop the ‘war’ by eating bread or something. But it’s only temporary.

The fact that I feel better on a fast day is a sign, I think, that I’m winning and gradually things will improve as more of the candida (if it is that) clears up.

Drinking water helps too.

I’m determined to beat this. Thankfully Im working at home for the next week or so, so this is a good time to do it.

I see the light!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.