HELP! 800-900 per day and still fat!

• posted by LilBitBetter
    on

Help please.
    I have always been a small eater but a bigger girl – not fat, just ‘comfy’.
    I exercise regularly and am quite active, don’t eat junk food or sugary drinks and eat fresh, organic foods.
    On average I only eat around 800-900 calories per day and when I ‘pig out’ I may hit the recommended 1200 for a woman my age (43)
    I have been to dieticians who tell me to go on a diet – they NEVER listen.
    I have been on many eating regimes and cant eat as much as they prescribe – I feel sick and physically cant eat all that food!
    I even went on a scientifically based diet and put on weight.
    I have had hormones and thyroid testing and all ok.
    SO FRUSTRATING!
    Liz

• posted by TMA COMBAT FITNESS
    on

Hello Liz,
    I understand your frustration. I’ve written a couple of blogs that may be useful to you.
    You may have a better understanding if you read them and help you with your weight loss.
    Being diabetic myself and off medication for the past 4 years.
    I’m sharing my knowledge & experience with anyone who is keen to help themselves.
    Since changing my diet I’ve lost weight & not fallen ill for the past 4 years (touch wood).

Blogs
    http://www.tmacombat.com/blogs/fightdiabetes.php
    http://www.tmacombat.com/blogs/weightloss.php

I hope the information helps you.

Regards
    Sadiq

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

I think there’s a lot of confusion about the value of calorie counting. While its true calories can’t be totally ignored, in most calories its the NATURE not the NUMBER of calories that count. If you are happy to post a typical days food (breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and drinks) I might be able to help

• posted by LilBitBetter
    on

Thank you so much for sharing X

• posted by LilBitBetter
    on

Thanks Graham, I appreciate your help.
    A normal day consists of:

Coffee with milk
    Fruit or sourdough toast with a scraping of butter and Vegemite (Yes, I’m an Aussie)
    Yoghurt snack sometimes – about 2Tbsp.
    Lunch is usually Miso Soup with Vegetables (leafy greens, mushrooms etc).
    Or eggs (omlette with no cheese, salt and pepper or boiled)
    Coffee with milk and maybe some nuts in the afternoon with a piece of fruit
    Dinner is usually a protein and vegetables/salad. It varies but they are always low fat, organic and home made. make as much food myself as I can including cured meats (a rare treat), Kefirs etc. I don’t eat much processed foods at all.
    I don’t have soft drinks apart from the odd Gin & Tonic (no sugar tonic) and a small glass of red wine most nights, but its mostly water /herbal teas for me.
    Thanks so much again.
    Liz X

on

Toast (even small quantities) can spike sugars; raise insulin and hinder weight loss. Try cutting out all beige carbs for a period and see if that helps; increase insoluble fibre in the diet; supplement vitD and magnesium to increase insulin sensitivity; DON’T eat “little and often ” instead allow at least 12h between your evening meal (no snacks!) and BREAK-fast.. . Sleep? 8h; Stress? minimise. Exercise- high intensity plus resistance . Hope that helps

• posted by LilBitBetter
    on

Thanks so much again Graham,
    I usually have dark rye or sourdough and have tried cutting carbs in the past and no difference. I will give it another go and follow your advice on vitamins. I really appreciate your time.
    X

on

Rye and Sourdough are supposed to be healthier but the evidence is its extremely variable and determined by your microbiome. Take a look at daytwo.com for more

Please log in or register to post a reply.