Gut health and thyroid problems

• posted by LydieRosie
    on

Hello, I’ve recently become fascinated by the micobiome and am wondering if anyone has experience or thoughts about how improving biome health could improve an autoimmune thyroid condition (graves disease)? I’m in my third relapse in 15 years. (Interestingly my last relapse occurred a month after antibiotics, which I hadn’t had for about 5 years…). I am so keen to avoid a life of medication if I can. Thanks Lydie.

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Specific health outcomes depend on many factors, including what your diet and lifestyle are like at present. There is an article elsewhere online entitled “Dietary Treatment of Graves’ Disease: Reviewing the Evidence” that you may find interesting. Sorry not to hyperlink, they mess up my posts for some reason!

Clever Guts is a properly balanced and very varied, nutrient dense wholefood diet. If your current diet is low in one or more micronutrients or is pro inflammatory, CG should benefit your physical health and/ or mental wellbeing.

Start with the detailed food and symptom diary (p.187 + p.266-267). Do also check with a health professional before making any major changes (p.187).

• posted by LydieRosie
    on

Thanks for this. I’ve just read the article and some interesting things to take on board. Shame it seems it cannot be cured though diet though 🙁

Please log in or register to post a reply.