Food swaps

• posted by M1ssy
    on

Hi everyone! I have just purchased the Clever Guts Diet recipe book and the meals sound very yummy BUT……. I do not like coriander or Parmesan!!! Trust me I have tried, is there something else I can replace them with? Cheers

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

Sure- so what is your diet like and what herbs do you like to eat>? ditto in terms of healthy fats

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

You don’t like the traditional Italian cheese sold in wedges (Parmigiano reggiano PDO), the longlife dry granular ‘parmesan’ sold in a shaker or something else?

Alternatives to Parmigiano reggiano PDO (unpasteurised cows milk) include Italian Pecorino romano PDO (unpasteurised ewes milk, saltier), Italian Grana padano PDO (unpasteurised cows milk), Spanish Manchego PDO (ewes milk) and aged Spanish Iberico (cows + goats + ewes milk).

The ‘PDO’ name denotes a cheese made in a specific region of the country from local milk using traditional techniques. This affects the nutritional profile of the cheese, specifically the fatty acids and probiotic microbes. Similarly named cheeses made elsewhere may not have the same health benefits.

HTH!

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Just seen on your profile that you are in the UK … I *think* Asda’s Grana padano and Pecorino romano wedges are both PDO. The Lidl Deluxe and Aldi Specially Selected ranges include Manchego PDO. Look for the round red and yellow PDO logo on the packet.

• posted by M1ssy
    on

Hi thank you for your replies and suggestions. I can and do use other herbs and spices it is only coriander I have a problem with, tasting very much like the scent of washing powder, so need a replacement herb. As for the Parmesan I find both fresh and drycheese quite overpowering so I will try the other types.

Please log in or register to post a reply.