Courses or training in Gut Health

• posted by Sarah Small
    on

Hi. I am really interested in further study in Gut Health / Nutrition and mental health. I have read Michael’s book and the changes I have made to my diet have massively helped long term problems with IBS and also improved my mental health. i am a clinical psychologist and would like to train further in this area in order to incorporate with my therapeutic clinical practice. Does anyone know where I could start looking for training in this area? Thanks. Sarah

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Further reading: Books and articles by Prof. Tim Spector, Dr Jeff Leach or Prof. Rob Knight (of British & American Gut Projects).

Continuing Profesional Development/ certification: Contact your registration body, and professional bodies registering dieticians/ nutritionists in your country of residence. Online course entitled “Gut Check: Exploring your microbiome” (linked to American Gut Project).

Other courses/ modules: universities offering degrees in dietetics or nutrition, Open University or your country’s equivalent.

Please log in or register to post a reply.