Clever Guts for Inflammatory Conditions

• posted by Susanma
    on

Hi
    I started the clever guts recently and it has helped my bloating/IBS a lot .
    I wanted to know if it might help with my IC?
    IC is an inflammatory condition in the bladder , and though I have had some good periods since my diagnosis 11 years ago, am currently in an awful flare up. Pain really bad and off work with it. Can the Clever Guts diet help ? I hope so!
    Thanks
    Susan

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Sorry to read this.

Potentially yes. Clever Guts is a nutrient dense, wholefood diet that can – indeed should – be tailored or personalised.

A key component is the detailed food and symptom diary. The longer you faithfully complete and analyse this, the better able you will be to identify links between flares and specific aspects of your diet and lifestyle habits. It is also worth recording things like physical activity levels, mood, weather/ season, sleep patterns, medication.

You can use your diary to identify intolerances or triggers, to track the balance and variety of the diet, and to track your intake of food groups/ types that are particularly known to be anti inflammatory (eg. oily fish).

HTH!

Please log in or register to post a reply.