Candida

• posted by Vicki5976
    on

Hi, I’m new to this but desperately need help. I’ve had vaginal thrush at least once a month for five years and it’s getting worse. I think it’s because of two much sugar and I,m convinced I have leaky gut. So my question is, good probiotics? To help me get this situation under control? Can anyone recommend a brand please. Thanks for your help. Vicki

• posted by superskier
    on

Hi,
    I too suffered from thrush for many years. In addition I had symptoms of IBS. I tried all sorts of solutions but it was only when a nutritionist guided me through an exclusion diet ( keep notes as you reintroduce foods) that I discovered I was reacting to dairy products. Further analysis over many months identified that it was lactose (I can eat butter and a bit of hard cheese). The magic part was on a lactose free diet my thrush disappeared. I was thrush free for over 10 years and only suffer occasionally since the menopause if I eat something I shouldn’t.
    I am now taking a small amount of live apple cider vinegar in water before breakfast. This has transformed my slightly dodgy gut bacteria to give me a much healthier gut (I won’t go into details but it is miraculous for me). My gut is now more forgiving of the odd slip up of eating something I shouldn’t. So it is possible to get rid of persistent thrush. Good luck.

Please log in or register to post a reply.