Calories (kcal)

• posted by Dominicx
    on

Hello

I would like to try this diet but am a bit concerned about energy levels. I am quite tall man and my average daily calory intake should be around 2700 kcal. Anything bellow for two days and I am without energy.

My weight is very good 82kg, if I go on any low calorie adventure for longer time I start losing weight.

I have looked at the meal plan and e.g. on Monday repair stage there is not more than 1000 kcal it is way bellow the norm and there is no way I could eat 3 times that. Other days it does not reach 1500 kcal. So how am I suppose to act here? Clearly for me it is not sensible to have such a low kcal intake.

Some help and advise would be very welcome.

P.s. I have IBS diagnosis.

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

Clever Guts is intended to be flexible and personalised. The guidelines (p.186-196) and analysis of your detailed food and symptom diary are more important than the recipes and sample planners.

As well as rereading the guidelines section of the CG book, you may find my responses to the threads entitled ‘Constant bubbly activity in my gut’ and ‘Peanuts during the repair process’ (both in the Newbies forum) useful.

Certainly a properly balanced and very varied wholefood diet is bulkier and more filling than the standard processed, imbalanced US/ UK diet. We often need to allow more time for preparing and consuming meals. Every part of the digestive system – mouth, stomach, intestines – will slowly acclimatise to a more natural diet if we are patient and methodical.

I wonder if you are underestimating the calories in some of the recipes? The breads, crackers and granola all contain energy-dense mixed nuts/ seeds (<350 cals per 50g) and oils (~120cals per 15ml spoon).

The salads are not simply water-rich leaves and veggies, but include flexible amounts of complete proteins, healthy fats and complex carbohydrates.

HTH!

Please log in or register to post a reply.