Apple cider vinegar side effects

• posted by Etta Flowers
    on

Hi everyone,

I wasn’t sure where to put this.

But has anyone been having any noticeable side effects from taking acv?

I do have ibs like symptoms but those havent chanhed much since taking it. I’ve been taking it for about 4 or 5 days now and I’ve been finding that I’ve been peeing an awful lot more and I’ve been having some abdominal pains, possibly my bladder. Has anyone else suffered with this?

Thanks

• posted by Michaelfern
    on

Hi Etta,

Though, of late ACV has become this elixir. It also comes with its share of health hazards most of them due to it being slightly acidic in nature.

As for any concerns associated with its effect on the stomach, ACV causes a delay in emptying of stomach making you feel full. This may cause problems to people afflicted with gastroparesis. Also please note that most of these side effects are to be seen when it is taken in excess.

I have read this descriptive article which very nicely articulates its side effects. You can read them here: http://www.foods4betterhealth.com/apple-cider-vinegar-side-effects-30850

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

What do you mean by “taking”? How much, how often, what recipe, where are you in the Clever Guts diet?

I use live apple cider vinegar like any other condiment or ingredient, primarily in salad dressings as a change from citrus juice. When on a roll I eat large salads daily year round, be they leafy or raw vegetable based. No negative effects.

BTW I have a history of gastritis, my main triggers being copious quantities of cheap strong cider (never seen an apple stuff), regular use of NSAID prescription drug.

• posted by ladyhaddon
    on

I have also recently taking Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar (with The Mother) diluted every morning with honey. No adverse side effects yet but I have noticed I keep needing to pee…!

• posted by GORDON WANLESS
    on

Dear Ladyhaddon, Microscopic Colitis is an inflammatory condition.
    You might , therefore , like to have a look at The Inflammation Research Foundation.
    Kindest Regards

• posted by GORDON WANLESS
    on

@ladyhaddon, If you should like to e-mail , I might be able to help you more easily.
    Kindest Regards

• posted by subjy
    on

i’ve had life ending constipation off and on for a year now and while looking for remedies saw acv promoted as this cure all, no negative side effect, miracle elixir, so i incorporated it into my diet, drinking about 4 tsp daily diluted in water. my stomach problems eventually went away with the introduction of probiotic pills into my diet, but about 2 months ago i decided i wanted to improve my health and change my diet. i started drinking acv again and tried various different diets, and by the end of the 2 months, my stomach was completely destroyed and clogged up again. it suddenly hit me that i started to get these problems about a week or two after i started drinking acv again. the reason it took me so long to see the obvious was because literally 100% of the internet promotes acv as a miracle elixir with zero negative side effects. i couldn’t fathom it effecting me negatively but it literally caused the complete degradation of my digestion and the quality of my life. it also then hit me that i was drinking a mild acid for months. how is that a good thing? how is that not something to be weary of? i got completely off acv, avoided trigger foods for a weak, and my digestion was back to 100%. moral of the story, don’t listen to anyone, just listen to your body. for example, people with gastritis are recommended to avoid milk but to consume real greek yogurt, but the exact opposite is the case for me. yogurt makes me feel nauseous and like shit and milk almost has a soothing effect on my stomach. don’t believe the hype and the miracle cures. listen to your body and find what works for you.

• posted by shashank16997
    on

Home Remedies For Gastritis:- Many individuals are going through gastric problems attributable to different unfortunate practices. Despite the fact that gastric arrangement is necessary amid assimilation time, it has crossed its level, and individuals of the considerable number of ages are experiencing the gastric issue. I know it’s not as hazardous as that of malignancy and heart assault and it can be cured efficiently with some home cures.

for more information check out the link given below
    http://www.crazyhealthplan.com/home-remedies-for-gastritis/

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

You obviously have to do what works for you; and yes there IS no such thing as a single miracle cure. The advice in Michael’s book is balanced, sensible and scientifically/clinically accurate

As for the acid in apple cider vinegar? Its unlikely to be of any significance. The stomach is a naturally acid environment (it has a protective effect to kill pathogens amongst other functions. The addition of a tiny amount of extra acid via ACV would be irrelevant in all but the most exceptional cases

Please log in or register to post a reply.