Why are broccoli, kale, onions and garlic in Phase 1 diet?

• posted by LouP
    on

On P191 of The Clever Guts Diet it recommends trying to avoid broccoli and kale and yet in Phase 1 meal plan (p262-263) they are included for dinner on Mon, Sat and for lunch and dinner on Tues. P191 also advises reducing onions and garlic and yet these are included in at least one meal everyday. Does anyone know why there is this apparent contradiction? I have just finished week 1. Thank you.

• posted by Ittle fairy
    on

I too would like to know why kale ,onions etc are included I phase I diet
    Thank you

• posted by Ittle fairy
    on

I too am confused by the inclusion of kale onions etc in phase 1 diet.
    They certainly cause me problems

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

This has come up before: the meal planners (p.262 – 265) are examples only, they are not prescriptive. We all have different health conditions, different symptoms, different starting diets, different lifestyles and different gut microbiomes. Because of that there is no one-size-fits-all ‘remove and repair’ stage.

Dr Mosley recommends to “keep a detailed daily food and symptom diary for at least a week before you start, to help identify any pattern in relation to diet … Ideally keep the diary going throughout the programme until you identify any culprits” (p.187). He further notes that “we don’t recommend removing too many foods at one time, so it might be helpful to do remove and repair in several stages …” (p.188).

HTH!

• posted by Miss Swirley
    on

I’ve had this same question too! I saw one recipe with sourbread. And I’m confused that there is paneer (though happy because I indulged in it two nights ago!! 😂) in one recipe, and white potatoes in another. I prefer clear black and white but am coming to accept this diet isn’t like that!

I also have had a vegan parmesan and don’t know what would be worse… The dairy in real parmesan (though I’m vegetarian so would be finding a veggie version) or the chemicals in fake!! 😂

Please log in or register to post a reply.