Poop testing

• posted by nurse
    on

I

I live in Australia.
    Can anyone tell me if we have poop testing here?
    Thanks

• posted by ozrigging
    on

To Nurse,
    I live in BNE and have passed that mythical age of 65. Apparently the Federal government do send out tests by mail. I twould pay to have a chat with your GP.

• posted by nurse
    on

Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, I have reached that wonderful age where the Govt. sends out the poop test kit for Ca.

I am inquiring about poop testing as talked about in “the clever guts diet”. Where the wonderful flora in out digestive system can be identified.

Nurse

• posted by parkoskip
    on

I am doing my government funded poop test lol! I was checking this same thing over the weekend ( I am on the Gold Coast) and I came across tagc.com.au who are in Queensland. Will be asking my GP on Wednesday to see if she knows of them. They are in Brisbane I think so probably worth a call. Let me know if you find anything of interest.

• posted by nurse
    on

Hi Parkoskip,

I am in Adelaide. If you have any luck with tagc.com.au, please let me know.

Cheers

• posted by Emma23
    on

Hi Parkoskip and Nurse
    I’m in NSW and would be interested if you find anything out in regards to the poop tests too
    Thanks Emma

• posted by Gigi60
    on

Hi,
    I’ve just made an enquiry with NutriPATH in Vic that do stool sampling. It appears to tick all the boxes but I’ve yet to hear back from them
    Cheers
    Gigi

• posted by Justsue
    on

I have just finished the “Clever Guts Diet Book”, how fascinating. I too would be very interested in a testing facility was found in Australia. I am on the Sunshine Coast.

• posted by nurse
    on

Hello,

I have just phoned NuriPATH.
    They will put you in touch with a medical practitioner who is registered with them to fill in a request form for the test.

If you are wanting to go through your GP they will need to register your GP and send them the request forms.

A CDSA Level 4 test is the most comprehensive @ $360.
    Results in approx 10 -14 days.

At this stage I do not want to involve my GP so will leave it at the monment.

If anyone hears of anyone else who tests please post.

Cheers

• posted by parkoskip
    on

Hi all,

Have been to see my holistic doc and she recommended I have my food sensitivities checked so have done that. She has had great results with this test in eliminating IBS so I will let you all know in a month after the results are back and I start eliminating the culprits.

• posted by Robyn363
    on

Hi Nurse,
    I have also been trying to do the poop test. The one you mentioned does it inform you of what foods to eat or not to eat as it suggests in the Clever Guts .

cheers Robyn

• posted by Robyn363
    on

Hi Nurse,
    I have also been trying to do the poop test. The one you mentioned does it inform you of what foods to eat or not to eat as it suggests in the Clever Guts ?

cheers Robyn

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

Hi All, I think UBiome provide that service in AUS -but before you spend any money ask them to provide a specimen report so you have an idea what the anaylsis will provide – getting the analysis done is one thing, but interpreting the result is another and you need both

• posted by Vibka
    on

Hi Nurse,
    Does the CDSA Level 4 test analyse the microbiome in 2 weeks? I’d like to hear if anyone has a result from them yet, because after 6 weeks I still have no result from SmartDNA. The test cost me $330.
    Cheers,
    Vibka

• posted by Val
    on

Hi there, based in Melbourne. Just read book and keen to start. I’ve severe reflux, fructose malabsorption etc. Have lost faith in gastroentrologist. Will not entertain any diet issues other than “lose weight”. Easier said than done. Anyway any ideas of testing facility in Aust and any good holistic docs or gastros!
    By the way I take Thompson’s mood managers and lava and have halved my Nexium to 40mg daily. Coping much better so keen to get to bottom of this. Stress and antibiotics I know have caused this. Son with limited food choices has affected my diet. I’ve been too knackered to care with a 60hr a week job (I love). Trying to reduce stress and work hours. Diagnosis of fructose malabsorption limited my diet too. Overall I feel I’m worse off after that diagnosis and now ignore this diet except for main culprits – onion garlic and tomato (the basis of the Mediterranean diet!!). I’m very ill after these. But ….. Time to change! So practitioner recommendations, poop testers etc!! Thank you

• posted by N Blackburn
    on

I live in New Zealand and is poo testing available here or do I have to look overseas?

Please log in or register to post a reply.