Poop testing by ubiome

• posted by maddyd
    on

Having followed Michael”s recommendation in the book, I ordered a kit from ubiome, but having got stung for VAT and a customs charge and then the info not being clear (no ID number provided) and no postage apparent on the envelope to send back, I have queried these things via e-mail with them to no avail. The website says 24-48 hour response, but have tried every e-mail contact they give and a week on have had nothing back whatsoever. Has anyone else had problems and does anyone know how else I can contact them?
    Did you have to put postage on the envelope ? There is a hashed number but i doubt very much royal mail will recognise it….
    Many thanks to anyone who can help?

• posted by GrahamSPhillips
    on

Hi maddyd – where do you live?

• posted by Garden girl
    on

I too was stung by the VAT & had to use normal post to return as the prepaid service is only available in the US. After a good 6 weeks I got the results (they don’t inform you, you have to login and check) which are SO detailed & scientific you would have to be qualified to understand them properly. I would avoid this company and use someone in the U.K. Read in today’s Guardian a journalist who used Atlas. I have looked them up £125, London based, more useful information ie easier to understand & they even tell you what you, as an individual , should eat more of.

• posted by Food58
    on

Hi GardenGirl can you post the web link for Atlas. I can’t find them. Many thanks.

• posted by Garden girl
    on

Atlas Biomed Group Ltd

• posted by maddyd
    on

Hi Garden girl – thanks for the info re Atlas – I may well try them and sorry for the delay in responding – I only just got the update one to this! And if it wasn’t for your post, I wouldn’t have known the ubiome results were there (no notification as you said) and of little use too to the lay person as you say. Not sure Michael should be giving them a mention…
    Thanks for your help

on

I wouldn’t rush to Altlas either YET. Again it will provide an awful lot of detail that is hard to digest and interpret. I’m working on something but its early days..

• posted by maddyd
    on

Hi Graham – thanks for the update and I live in Pulborough, West Sussex by the way – I am intrigued as to why you were interested?!
    Do you work for Atlas then? Many thanks

• posted by Garden girl
    on

Thank you for the advice Graham. What exactly are you working on please?

on

No, I don’t work for anyone (except myself)

on

I had an association with Prof Tim Spector (The Diet Myth – highly recommended) but they’ve pulled the map my gut service

on

Sorry,.. my point being that without some detailed analysis of your microbiota, you are steering blind in making dietary and lifestyle changes. On the other hand, if you send off a sample and get back a load of scientific gobbledegook that you can’t interpret then you are poorer (its expensive) but no further ahead. So I’m in the process of sourcing another provider who gives meaningful interpretations that one can act on..

Please log in or register to post a reply.