Live "Raw" apple cider vinegar??

• posted by Kajsa
    on

The recipes keep referring to Live (raw) apple cider vinegar… is that normal apple cider vinegar or where do I get this live and raw vinegar from?

• posted by Bizibee
    on

Aspall in the UK do one, available direct from them or from Ocado. http://www.aspall.co.uk/shop/vinegar/raw-organic-unfiltered-cyder-vinegar

Holland and Barrett do one by Bragg’s.

I get a delicious one from Dorset Nectar, but they are small with only a few outlets and rather pricey mail order. I happen to be near a farm shop that stocks it.

The reference to the “mother” is to the cloudy bits in the bottom, which are the yeast particles. In non raw products these are filtered off and the product is pasteurised, thus preventing any further fermentation. If you see the cloudy bits rising on a hot day, put the bottle upright in the fridge.

I make a very refreshing drink which I have as a non alcoholic aperitif. I’ll put it in the recipe section.

• posted by Turmeric
    on

I’ve been using the Bragg’s cider vinegar. It’s nice diluted with water as a drink.

• posted by JabbaTheGut
    on

IS there an Australian brand anywhere in Brisbane?

• posted by 19slh61
    on

I get an Australian on at the Chemist Warehouse it’s made by Melrose and it’s organic.

• posted by Somerset Viking
    on

The best cider vinegars I have found are the ones made purely from cider apple juice and not the juice of dessert or culinary fruit. Cider apples are richer in tannins and antioxidants than other varieties. Obviously, the vinegar needs to be unpasteurised and unfiltered but it should also be slow fermented and not made in an industrial machine like the big manufactures that have been mentioned. The best product I have found is from http://www.somersetcidervinegarco.co.uk

• posted by niklin
    on

I found some in local Morrisons supermarket today which is pure and has “mother” in it i.e. live bacteira probiotic alongside it coconut butter and coconut condensed to make your own coconut milk

• posted by Seni
    on

Does anyone know how to make ‘ Live “Raw” Apple Cider Vinegar’? I’d like to try to make my own.
    Actually, I was expecting to have a recipe available in the book – like there are for yoghurt and kefir.
    Thank you.

• posted by perrigaux
    on

My recipe is now on the site.

• posted by Seni
    on

Hi Perrigaux, thank you for your reply! Regards, Seni

• posted by bynature2021
    on

1)Place the apple pieces in the glass jar.
    2)Fill the jar with filtered water.
    3)Add in the sugar and shake until it dissolves.
    4)Cover the jar with the swatch of cloth and a rubber band.
    5)Let the jar sit in a dark place for about 3-4 weeks.

In this way you can make Live “Raw” Apple Cider Vinegar

Please log in or register to post a reply.