How much apple cider vinegar to take and how?

• posted by HazelR
    on

Hi there, I’ve had years of stomach problems following 2 eradication therapies with antibiotics for h pylori – I’ve had camera tests and scans and nothing really conclusive apart from a suggestion that it may be IBS. Pain and bloating first thing in morning even before eating anything, then bloating and pain for weeks on end. At minute I’ve cut out bread and pasta and biscuits and eating kefir (make overnight oats with the kefir and have it for breakfast- yummy with organic cocoa powder and sliced almonds and blueberries- or whatever you wish to add to the oats). I’ve read that ACV helps with stomach problems- how much is recommended per day and what is best method of taking it? I tried taking it straight and almost brought it back up it was so sour!

• posted by Firefox7275
    on

As with many prebiotic or probiotic foods, start with a small ‘dose’ of apple cider vinegar and work up very slowly. There is information using ACV for IBS and other health issues in the ‘Clever Guts Diet’ book (pages 46-47 + 143-146).

Experiment to find out whether before (diluted in water) or with a meal (as an ingredient) works best for you. Track the results in your detailed food and symptom diary (p.187).

There are various recipes using ACV in the CG Diet book, and presumably more in the CG recipe book.

Please log in or register to post a reply.