A quick, easy and tasty tea-time Indian snack recipe at a gathering in every Indian household!
• • 4 slices of white sandwich bread
• • 1 cup – gram flour (Besan)
• • 1 tablespoon – rice flour
• • 1 teaspoon – salt
• • Pinch of asafoetida (hing)
• • 1 teaspoon – cumin seeds (jeera)
• • 2 finely chopped green chillies
• • 1/4 cup – chopped cilantro (green coriander)
• • 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of water
• • Lots of light, clear and less absorbing Freedom Physically Refined Rice Bran Oil for your favourite Indian snack recipe!
• Start preparing by removing the crust from all sides of the bread
• Now slice the bread lengthwise into 3 equal parts
• Mix all the dry ingredients together, i.e. gram flour (Besan), rice flour, asafoetida, cumin seeds, and salt. Rice flour adds to the crispness
• Now add the water slowly to make a smooth batter, a consistency that of Dosa batter
• Next, add the green chillies and cilantro and mix well
• Now heat oil in a frying pan on medium high heat. To check if the oil is ready, put a tiny drop of the batter in oil. The batter should come up fluffed up but not change its colour right away
• Now, dip the bread slices in the batter one at a time and slowly drop into the frying pan
• Fry the Pakoras in small batches. The pakoras will take about 4 to 5 minutes to cook
• Flip them occasionally and fry the Pakoras until both sides are golden-brown
• The crispy, tasty Bread Pakoras are now ready to serve. Relish every bite of with your favourite sauce or chutney!