Gorgeous and filling low carb, vegan soup.
• 1 tbsp groundnut oil
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 3cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
• 250g mushrooms, sliced
• 1 litre hot vegetable stock (dairy free)
• 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
• 2 tbsp rice vinegar
• Pinch of ground white pepper
• 160g pack Cauldron marinated tofu
• 300g (ish) pack of vegetable stir fry
• 3 salad onions, thinly sliced (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the garlic and ginger for 1–2 minutes until softened.
2. Add the mushrooms and stir fry for 2 minutes.
3. Stir in the vegetable stock, soy sauce, rice vinegar and a pinch of ground white pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes until slightly reduced.
4. Stir in the tofu and stir fry vegetables and simmer for a couple of minutes.
5. Remove the pan from the heat, ladle into bowls and scatter with the salad onions to serve.